Follow GetStarrich on Twitter
Send me your sounds

Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Funk in your Trunks Vol. 1.. that is well funk'd Blad

I managed to get hold of SPOOKY BIZZLE... aka SlewDem. He told me what he thinks about a few thing and also gave me a mix... hes gona be down at Chockablocka @ Egg on friday mixing it.. get your skin down there... plus its a free, FREE party.


SR:what ends are you from?

SB: I am from Hackney, born & bred. but irep all corners of London fully.

SR: what is your hood like? Do you love your hood or hate it??

SB:At times ihate my hood, but ilove my hood coz is like no other. when ur out of ends, u miss hearing sirens on a regular or just hearing traffic and seeing the big red buses. we got it comfy in London, truss me.

SR: What would you change bout it if you were Boris?

SB:Build more parks and play areas and spaces for mans to chill....nowadays all our blocks are coded when before, we could fully chill in the car park or on the staircases in every block!

SR: Any current releases??

SB:Joyride EP is out now digitally, exclusive to Grime Digital..but its just a BETA testing ting till they sort out the gremlins. (SR:Hij... that was for you i think..lol) After that, it should be everywhere else. Then there's the 3 vinyl releases. ( SR:Keeping the name of which under wraps)

SR: Where can people catch you mixing..?

SB:They can catch me on Urban FM (www.urbanfmtv.com) every friday 12pm-3am and every fortnight wednesdays 8-10pm from 12th aug then the 26th aug then every 2 weeks from then on. and there's Ice Cold 103 FM (www.icecoldfm.co.uk) every wednesday 12pm-2am.

Rave/club wise, there's the 100% free entry Chockablock party on 28th Aug @ Egg, Kings Cross and Urban Affair pt 4 on 11th Sept @ Camden Rock.

SR: What kind of mix would you play at carnival this year... ?

SB:I'd give them a bit of every genre going!!! grime, funky, bassline, garage, dubstep, old skool....even a splash of soca, bashment and electro!........ but I aint booked for carnival!!!! (promoters, take a hint!)

SR: See this mix you sent out... when is the best time to listen to it??

SB: I'd say before going out or coming back in...even something for the car on the way to the club or the way back! if you are hungry for more, you can add yourself to my Non Stop Mixing facebook group. (SR:plug plug!!! lool)

SR:What makes u too hood to care star?? (plug plug)

SB:coz my work rate overlaps and slaps guys. thats why im too hood to care star!!!

myspace : http://www.myspace.com/spookybizz

facebook : spooky bizzle (only if u kno me!! dont want it bein flooded with unknowns!!! lol)

facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23233317215&ref=search&sid=100000112853137.3620428903..1

twitter : http://twitter.com/spookydj


check out his mix from the man...

and here is a flyer for the rave....






No comments:

Post a Comment